Based on the data you enter and the status of your health, you will get feedback and self-care instructions. Your health care team will be informed of any critical changes and will follow up as necessary.
The goal of Medly is to help you better understand your conditions, guide self-improvement and enhance communication with your healthcare team. It is not intended to replace your current care, but to supplement it with additional support
What information does the Application collect and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) information about your chronic condition, including symptom information, self-care activities, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, and blood sugar levels; and (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help. We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and preventative care information.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 and any subsequent amendments.
Use of your Information by your UHN Health Care Team
- By using this app, your health care team will look at your personal health information and collect only the information they need for providing you with care.
- Your information will only be shared with your health care team and will be used to help them provide care for you.
- The information you share through the app will be kept in your clinical file which can only be shared outside of your clinic if it is needed for your clinical care.
What are my rights?
- You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- To see, copy, or correct information collected by the app, ask one of your clinicians to review your record with you at your next appointment.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application:
- When a patient is discharged from the program, we will retain the records for at least ten years as per UHN policy.
- When a patient is under the age of majority, we will retain the records for at least ten years past the age of majority as per UHN policy.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application.
For more detailed information about who sees your information and about your choices contact the UHN Privacy Office:
Telephone: 416-340-4800 ext. 6937
Website: www.uhn.ca/PatientsFamilies/ Patient_Safety_Advocacy/Privacy
2 Bloor Street East