I will be away/travelling and I do not want to use Medly while gone. What should I do?
Even though we encourage patients to travel with their Medly kit, it is not mandatory. If you do not plan to take your Medly kit with you during your travels, we will disable your adherence calls and inform your care team (doctor/nurses). Before you travel, please contact the Medly Coordinator by phone or email and leave a message that answers the following questions:
- How long will you be away?
- Will you be taking your readings during this time?
- Will you have phone service or a Wi-Fi signal while travelling?
- Will there be a time difference?
- Do you want to pause the Medly reminder phone calls while you are away?
- Do you want the Medly Coordinator to call you back?
The number for the Medly Coordinator is provided in your Medly manual, or you can email us through the Contact Us page.